The Government’s online portal to reclaim wages for furloughed workers in now live. You can find all the official information on the Government website.
What do I need to make a claim?
To make a claim, you will need:
- to be registered for PAYE online
- your UK bank account number and sort code
- your employer PAYE scheme reference number
- the number of employees being furloughed
- each employee’s National Insurance number
- each employee’s payroll or employee number (optional)
- the start date and end date of the claim
- the full amount you’re claiming for including employer National Insurance contributions and employer minimum pension contributions
- your phone number
- contact name
You also need to provide either:
- your name (or the employer’s name if you’re an agent)
- your Corporation Tax unique taxpayer reference
- your Self Assessment unique taxpayer reference
- your company registration number
If you’re furloughing more than 100 employees you’ll need to upload a file containing their details.
How long will it take to get the money?
You should receive the money by BACS within 6 working days.
How do I claim?
- You claim on the Government Gateway website
- Log on using the ID and password you got when you registered for PAYE online
- Be prepared for delays - the service is predicted to be pretty slow at first due to demand
What happens after I claim?
After you've submitted your claim for furloughed staff wages online:
- ou’ll get a claim reference number
- HMRC will check that your claim is correct
- You'll receive the money by Bacs into your bank account within 6 working days
You must continue to keep accurate records about your furloughed staff including:
- the amount claimed and claim period for each employee
- the claim reference number for your records
- your calculations in case HMRC need more information about your claim
Do I need to call HMRC about it?
Do not contact HMRC unless absolutely necessary.