At Transmit Startups, we have found out what the North East’s entrepreneurial landscape looks like.
32% of all of the loans that we have granted are for applicants based in North East. To date, we have lent £2,447,290 to these entrepreneurs to help them make their business dreams become a reality.
We are delighted to have reached a significant milestone and are proud to report that we have helped over 1,000 entrepreneurs across the UK start their dream businesses.
To celebrate this achievement, we’ve compiled data from our first 1,000 loan recipients to paint the picture of what we have found the entrepreneurial environment in the North East to look like.
32% of all of the loans that we have granted are for applicants based in North East. To date, we have lent £2,447,290 to these entrepreneurs to help them make their business dreams become a reality. From the star signs of these entrepreneurs to the average loan size, take a look at our North East infographic below that paints the picture.
Simply click the image to enlarge and download the PDF version or alternatively, click here.
What does the typical North East Transmit Startups loan recipient look like?
Average loan recipient:
- Aged: 35
- Sector: Retail
- Star sign: Leo
Quick-fire North East Facts:
1. Our oldest loan recipient is 75 years old
2. Our youngest loan recipient is 20 years old
3. Our average loan term is 60 months
4. 44% of loan recipients are becoming their own boss after being in full-time employment
5. 15% are starting their own business after being unemployed for a period of time
6. The most entrepreneurial star signs are: Retail, Web, Hospitality, Professional Services, Education
7. Our largest loan value is £25,000
8. Our smallest loan value is £1,000
9. Average loan value: £7,600
10. Of all of our entrepreneurs, the most common female entrepreneur name was: Emma
11. Of all of our entrepreneurs, the most common male entrepreneur name was: Mark
12. Gender split: 39% female, 61% male.
Local Authority break down:
1. Northumberland: 6%
2. Newcastle: 16%
3. North Tyneside: 12.5%
4. Gateshead: 7%
5. South Tyneside: 3.5%
6. Sunderland: 22 7%
7. County Durham: 33%
8. Hartlepool: 2%
9. Darlington: 2%
10. Stockton-on-Tees: 4%
11. Middlesbrough: 4%
12. Redcar & Cleveland: 2%.
To follow the entrepreneurial journeys of our start-up loan recipients, follow our #1000StartUpLoans hashtag on Twitter, follow us or Tweet us @TransmitStartUp.
To apply for a start-up loan, visit our registration page here: Register for a Start-Up Loan.