PART-TIME ADMINISTRATOR/BOOK-KEEPER (PERMANENT), GATESHEAD, UK.
APPROXIMATELY 15 HOURS A WEEK (INITIALLY) WITH FLEXIBILITY
£16,575 PRO RATA
We require a part-time administrator/book-keeper for a small, busy office, based in Gateshead.
We operate two businesses:
1) A business that provides business support, funding, mentoring and training to small businesses throughout England
2) A digital music platform for record labels and artist to promote their music
We currently consist of 4 full time and 4 part time employees and, due to expansion, we now need an administrator to work across both businesses. The work will be varied and the hours can fit around existing commitments. It is 15 hours per week initially but we expect the hours to increase to a full time position over time.
We require an experienced administrator/book-keeper who can perform the following duties:
• Respond to telephone and email enquiries
• Book travel & accommodation
• Assist with monthly reporting
• Liaising with clients
• Using a customer relationship management system (Capsule)
• File management (mainly electronic)
• Assisting with arranging in-house and external events
• Order office stationery
• Raising and processing invoices
• Keep financial records using Xero
• Liaise with our accountants
• Chase small businesses for loan repayments
• Processing online payments
We need someone who is:
• Structured and organised
• Friendly, has a good sense of humour and is a communicator
• Competent with MS Office, book-keeping software, email and websites
• Able to work to deadlines
• Able to manage multiple activities
This is a good opportunity for someone to work for a new exciting company with the potential for career progression – if you have the ability/desire to work in other areas of the business then we will encourage that. We work hard but enjoy being at the office which creates a good atmosphere.
You must be a nice person, get on well with everyone, have the ability to get your work done without too much supervision and thrive on the challenges that small business environment brings. If you have a negative attitude, like to complain about being over-worked and just see clients as an inconvenience then this isn’t the job for you.
Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Admin job’. Send us your CV and a quick note saying why you’d like to work with us. Links to your social networks would be handy too.